What is a House Church?
House Church will be a weekly gathering in homes where the mission, vision, and core values of Stonewater Fellowship put on flesh and are walked out increasingly by those in the house church.
A House Church is A community that:
Carries out the mission Jesus gave in Matthew 28:18-20 in a way that is similar to the model of the early Church described in Acts 2:42-47;
Provides an intersection point for “word and prayer” and “meal and mission”
Is always open, welcoming to those searching for God, as well as on-ramping new people into the mission and community of Stonewater Fellowship.
Is designed to multiply on a 12-24 month cycle as neighbors and friends are steadily added to the group; and God brings a harvest of new believers.
A House Church serves as the primary place where life as a community unfolds during the week, but also includes meeting for corporate workshop with the larger body of Stonewater on the weekend.
CHARACTERISTICS of a HOUSE CHURCH
A Gospel-centered & Spirit-filled community that exist to embody and declare God’s redemptive story to everyone. It is a primary way to journey alongside those within the larger church family and those that have yet to enter in.
Designed for people at all stages of their faith journey and of any age who aren’t already connected to another form of church; meets in homes; typically includes a welcome time; a time in which to explore a biblical theme; a short celebration time involving story, prayer, song; and a sit-down meal together. Its aim is to love people, introduce Jesus, give an opportunity to encounter Him and to grow closer to Him together with others as a family.
A House Church environment is:
• HONEST People in the group strive to connect in real ways, about real life, in real time.
• OPEN Anyone is ALLWAYS welcome.
• MULTIPLYING Groups are intended to multiply on an 18-24 month life cycle.
• ENGAGING People in the group are proactively finding ways to love those far from God.
• WEEK 1: PRAYER MEETING This is a chance for the group to come together for corporate, unified prayer. This fuels all that the group does.
• WEEK 2: WORD AND PRAYER This is a 2-hour meeting that is built around telling the truth about ourselves and God. This is where everyone in the group can taste real community and apply God’s Word to real life; building an anticipation for the next large worship gathering as we look at the sermon coming the next Sunday.
• WEEK 3: MEAL NIGHT This is a chance for neighbors, co-workers, and friends to come and experience a taste of community. This is about having fun, eating good food, and reaching out to new people.
• WEEK 4 (AND 5): WORD AND PRAYER This is a 2-hour meeting that is built around telling the truth about ourselves and God. This is where everyone in the group can taste real community and apply God’s Word to real life; building an anticipation for the next large worship gathering as we look at the sermon coming the next Sunday.